Fultondale Homes for Sale
Virtual Listings Map For Fultondale
The city of Fultondale was originally known as Fulton Springs, and was a mining town in the early 20th century. It was eventually incorporated into Jefferson County as a municipality in 1947, complete with a mayor and five city council members. The first council bought the city’s first fire engine and built a city hall where the Municipal City Park is now. The city also once had a city recreation center with the only municipal pool in north Jefferson County.
Before Interstate 65 was built in the late 1960s and early 1970s, Hwy. 31 was the primary way travelers from Birmingham traveled northward, and hotels in the city prospered. When the interstate was finally completed, a drive-in movie theater in the city was torn down.